A visit to Saugeen First Nation would not be complete without a stop at the Saugeen Amphitheatre. Located in the heart of the village, over looking the mighty Saugeen River is one of the most beautiful and scenic gardens in Western Ontario. Stone stairways and walkways, terraced gardens and an outdoor amphitheatre constructed of locally quarried stone overlook the Saugeen River quietly snaking its way in the distance. The word “Friendship” outlined in large white letters on a grassy area below the gardens underlines the focus of this quiet and tranquil park. A nature path winds its way down to the river’s edge. The Saugeen First Nations Amphitheatre is visited by thousands of visitors each year and has become a popular spot for outdoor wedding ceremonies. It is a continued source of great pride for the band members of the Reserve. The Amphitheatre is located along Hwy 21 in the Saugeen First Nation. You will see a wooden sign at the entrance to the parking lot on the south side of the highway. There is no admission fee. *Currently Under Re-construction*
- How much time is allowed for a wedding?
Wedding bookings are usually made in 2-3 hour increments. ie. 1-3 p.m. or 3-6 p.m. etc.
- Is there time allowed for decorating?
It depends on the time allotment & if there are other bookings before or after you. When you contact the staff to make you booking, you can ask about availability at that time.
- What is the cost for the grounds?
The grounds fee for 2014 is $300.00. This includes the use of the Amphitheatre & Gardens.
- Can we have our ceremony in the gardens?
Yes, we have chair rentals available, & our staff will consult with your party as to which direction you wish them to be facing. ie. river or garden as the backdrop etc. The staff will do the set up.
- What kind of chairs are they, & what is the cost?
The chairs are a white resin patio chair. They rent for $1.00 each, & there are up to 200 available.
- Is there any type of sound system or microphone?
There is a sound system with a microphone hook up, as well as a CD player hook up if required. The cost for this rental is $65.00.
- Can we book the church on the grounds for a back up in case of bad weather?It is the United Church, which must be booked separately. Contact information will be given upon booking the Amphitheatre grounds.
- If we book the church, or have our ceremony in the amphitheatre, do we have to use your Minister?
No, you are welcome to bring your own official of any denomination.
- Can we come the evening before the event for rehearsal, & is there a fee?
Yes, you can come in, although we don’t have staff working unless prior arrangements are made. There is no additional fee for this.
- Is there a deposit required?
Yes, there is a $50.00 deposit required at time of booking, & the balance is due 30 days prior to event date.
- Will I receive something to confirm the spot is booked?
Yes, a conformation letter with your time and date will be mailed to you with an invoice with the balance owing.
- If I decide to cancel, or get rained out, do I get my money back?
The $50.00 deposit is a non refundable booking fee, but you will receive all other monies back that you have paid.